Last Sunday, our house hosted its 1st annual Talent Nite. It was awesome. What was intended as a small, neighborly event quickly grew into a larger showcase so if you couldn't/didn't come this year, be on the lookout next time!
In preparation for the event, a stage was constructed Sunday afternoon. Steve and our long-term house guest/friend Harrison were subject to my insane hostess cleaning mania--another sign of my lovely mom's influence!--but they forgave me when they saw that I bought gummy bears for snacks.
The winners of each category, as seen above, were as follows:
1. BEST USE OF BODY PART BELOW WAIST - Kevin, "Amazing Moves"
2. MOST HILARIOUS - Jack, "Dino"
3. BEAUTIFULEST - Whitney & Steve, "Tonal Poem with Interpretive Dance"
4. MOST LIKELY TO GET YOU ARRESTED IF DONE IN PUBLIC - Jack, "Dino"
5. BEST USE OF MICAELA - a tie between Erin & Zoe, "Mind reading" and Liz, "Pageant Rules"
6) CLEARLY SPENT TIME REHEARSING - Anthony, "Mayor meets Motley"
7) POOR PILGRIM PITY PRIZE - Jewel, "A Night Without Armor"
8) BEST - Jack, "Dino"
All pictures can be found here: TALENT NITE set on Flickr.