Friday, June 29, 2007

So long, farewell


I raise a toast to my own vacation.

I leave tomorrow for one-week, stimulus-free vacation in the Canadian wilderness. Unless Steve suddenly remembers we have a blog for which he is a "co-author," you won't see any posts up here until I return.

In the meantime, check out these great things going on in and around our neighborhood:

Urban Roots. Cooperative garden center near our house. We bought potting soil and a rake here and they are by far the best potting soil and rake I've ever worked with.

Buffalo ReUse. Yours truly is on the board of this fine organization--it was the first project I worked on upon moving back to Buffalo. Check out our salvaged materials inventory and the pictures of the most recent deconstructions.

Black Rock Advocate. Newly discovered blog about the neighborhood to our north.

6 comments:

Julie said...

I have been wondering about your "silent" partner in blogland. Maybe he will entertain us faithful readers with some of his thoughts during your absence...

Have a great vacation!

Unknown said...

or perhaps... we as faithful readers could entertain our "fellow" faithfuls by telling a favorite "Whitney" moment... like... how she dances at times like Elaine from Seinfelds?!?!

Unknown said...

or... how about the time when Whitney was young she passed out when her Dad (me) took a small sliver out of her foot... now THAT is a story!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're having a great time right now at this very moment! And of course, in all the moments following it. And the ones preceeding it. Yay vacation!

Julie said...

Hey Russ, Good idea...I remember this time when Whitney...uh wait a minute...she'll be at my wedding reception in a few weeks and I wouldn't want any...uh...untimely revenge! I'll dish the dirt after August 4th!

Unknown said...

heh bijou...

CHICKEN!!!!